What native, local bird has a wingspan near six feet?
(Read on to find out!)
In the interest of providing a safe and fun nature class experience, we're offering these safety practices:
- We're limiting group size to 12 students and two instructors. Groups will remain separate throughout the day to minimize exposure.
- We'll be conducting a health check upon arrival each day, including a symptoms inquiry and temperature check.
- We will minimize food sharing, limiting ourselves to a handful of campfire-cooked and carefully distributed traditional treats, such as acorn pancakes. Otherwise, children will bring their own snacks.
- We'll be doing our best to maintain six feet of distance between people.
- Students must wear a mask at camp. They'll be encouraged to wear it most of the time. Mask breaks will occur when people are seated at least 6 feet apart. We'll also ask everyone to bring a small bottle of personal hand sanitizer.
- Should we re-enter lockdown, all classes will transition immediately to an online format.
- Should a member of one of our pods (staff or student) become infected with COVID, that pod will immediately transition to an online format and remain online until it's clear that all pod members have tested negative and/or quarantined long enough to be reasonably sure the period of heightened risk has passed.