Keeping it Safe in the Time of COVID
In the interest of providing a safe and fun nature class experience, we're offering these safety practices:
- We're limiting group size to 8 students and two instructors.
- In ordinary times, we love welcoming parents and siblings to class. Because it's important right now to keep groups small, each child may attend with up to one parent. Children who are sufficiently independent may attend without a parent.
- We know that for some families participation is only possible if a younger sibling (toddler or baby) is present. At this time, we can welcome a limited number of siblings by prior arrangement. Please ask about this at the time of enrollment.
- We'll be conducting a health check upon arrival each day, including a symptoms inquiry and temperature check.
- For the moment we must surrender our tradition of sharing and preparing food together. Children will bring their own snacks.
- We'll be doing our best to maintain six feet of distance between people.
- Students must bring a mask to camp. They'll be encouraged to wear it as much as possible, and especially if it becomes necessary to draw closer than 6 feet apart from others. We'll also ask them to bring a small bottle of personal hand sanitizer.
- We will not have access to a toilet during class. As usual, anyone who needs to will be encouraged to pee in the woods. If you are interested in learning how to use a pack-it-out kit for bowel movements, we can provide you with instructions on how to manage this.
- Should we re-enter lockdown, all classes will transition immediately to an online format.
- Should a member of our group (staff or student) become infected with COVID, we will immediately transition to an online format and remain online until it's clear that all group members have tested negative and/or quarantined long enough to be reasonably sure the period of heightened risk has passed.