Keeping it Safe in the Time of COVID
Coyotes and Eagles:
In the interest of providing a safe and fun nature class experience, we're offering these safety practices:
- We're limiting group size to 12 students and two to three instructors. Groups will remain separate throughout the day to minimize exposure. (You can ask to have your child in the same group as a specific friend. We will do our best to honor these requests.)
- We'll be conducting a health check upon arrival each day, including a symptoms inquiry and temperature check.
- We will minimize food sharing, limiting ourselves to a handful of campfire-cooked and carefully distributed traditional treats, such as acorn pancakes. Otherwise, children will bring their own snacks.
- We'll be doing our best to maintain six feet of distance between people.
- Students must bring a mask to camp. They'll be encouraged to wear it as much as possible, and especially if it becomes necessary to draw closer than 6 feet apart from others. We'll also ask them to bring a small bottle of personal hand sanitizer.
- We're firming up the age range for our classes, inviting kids ages 6-12. This matches our sense of the maturity needed to manage our Covid-related guidelines independently and happily. In most cases, we'll be unable to admit younger siblings to class, as we've sometimes done in the past.
- Should we re-enter lockdown, all classes will transition immediately to an online format.
- Should a member of one of our pods (staff or student) become infected with COVID, that pod will immediately transition to an online format and remain online until it's clear that all pod members have tested negative and/or quarantined long enough to be reasonably sure the period of heightened risk has passed.