Keeping it Safe in the Time of Covid
Our goal is for all of us to feel at ease and be comfortable with each other. We'll follow CDC and State of Michigan safety guidelines and will update procedures as recommendations change. Here are safety practices we'll adopt:
- We're limiting group size to 12 students (adults) or 10 students (teens) with two instructors.
- All participants will be required to perform a health check before coming to class via e-mail.
- Our group activities are planned for participants to stay comfortably 6+ feet apart.
- To be on the safe side, we'll ask participants to wear a mask while we're moving together. Masks provide an extra layer of safety when we pass someone on a trail or if on a rare occasion we accidentally wander into someone’s space.
- There will be time for stationary nature observation where we will be spread far apart and removing your mask will be an option. There will also be time when we sit or stand in socially distant circles 6+ feet apart from each other to share what we have noticed that day and learn from each other. People may remove their masks during this time if they wish.
- If class can’t meet in person because of changes in COVID protocol classes will move online during the same time slot and weekly guides for individual walks along the river will be provided until the end of the session. No refunds will be given.